Last Updated April 1, 2018
Collection and Use of Personal Information
In order to use this Site we require your first name, last name, email address and the name of your employer. You may be asked to provide your Personal Information anytime you are in contact with Promethean. For example, when you:
(a) fill out forms on the Site requesting MDF or to log a demonstration;
(b) post to our support community or ask for help from our support team;
(c) contact us;
(d) enter a competition or promotion;
(e) want to participate in a webinar or other event; or
(f) report a problem with the Site;
We may also collect your mailing address, phone number, IP, and Mac Address.
How We Use Your Personal Information
The Personal Information we collect allows us to:
(a) ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you;
(b) provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you;
(c) carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
(d) keep you posted on Promethean’s latest product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events;
(e) create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve Promethean’s products, services, content, marketing and advertising; and
(f) send important notices such as communications about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and to administer programs such as sweepstakes, contests, or similar promotions.
You are not required to provide the Personal Information that we have requested, but if you choose not to do so, in many cases we will not be able to provide you with our products or services or respond to any queries you may have. If you do not wish to receive further communications from us, you can opt out at any time by unsubscribing at the bottom of the email from Promethean or sending an email to email@example.com including your name, email address, and a brief explanation of the purpose of your email.
Promethean also collects data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual user.
For many of the same reasons as outlined above, we may use a cookie file, which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. They help us to improve the Site and to deliver better and more personalised service. Cookies enable us to:
- ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- speed up your use of the Site;
- store information about your preferences;
- customise the Site according to your individual interests;
- estimate our customer base and usage pattern; and
- recognise you when you return to the Site.
Where We Store Your Personal Information
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of the data that you transmit to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Disclosure of Your Information
- We never share or sell Personal Information with third parties for marketing purposes or advertisements unless you give us your express consent to do so.
- We may share your Personal Information with certain trusted third-party companies and individual to perform tasks on our behalf, but strictly for the purpose of carrying out their work for us, for example, to help us provide the website, to enhance the website, to increase the website’s functionality and user friendliness, to provide customer support, and to improve your experience on the website. By way of example, we us WP Engine to host the Site on their servers; we use Don’t Be Shy to help us manage the Site; we use Google Analytics to help us track user behavior, user traffic, and provide systems analytics for the Site; we use Pardot as our marketing automation service which we use to record user interactions and communicate with our users of the Site; and we use Sales Force to provide customer support and conduct live chats within the support portion of our Site. Unless we tell you differently, these trusted third-party companies do not have any right to use your Personal Information beyond what is necessary to assist us with providing you the best possible service. To the extent we share EU Personal Information with those third parties, we require them to comply with the requirements of a data processor under GDPR.
- We may disclose your Personal Information if Promethean Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Information held about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- We may disclose your Personal Information if Promethean Limited is required by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that, for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate;
- We may disclose your Personal Information if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or to protect our operations or users; or
We understand the importance of taking extra precautions to protect the privacy and safety of children. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose Personal Information from children under 13 or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction without verifiable parental consent. If we learn that we have collected the Personal Information of a child under 13 or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction without first receiving verifiable parental consent, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible. If you know that we have inadvertently collected any Personal Information about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do Not Track (DNT)
Promethean does not track its users over time or across third party websites to provide targeted advertising, and therefore, does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
Links to Other Sites
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies, and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
©2018 Promethean Limited. All rights reserved.